Don’t forget the Yorkshire puddings this Sunday! Yes, I know you follow Slimming World, but seriously, life’s too short to give up Yorkshire puddings and why should you when these beauties can be made for a measly 1.5 syns!
Frankly, when I had this roast dinner, I had not one but two of these gorgeous creatures. And why not, when two only cost me 3 syns? It gets even better, I’m not going to ask you to use any healthy extras either. How did I get the syns so low? I’ve substituted milk for water. No! Wait! It works. My mam made the best Yorkshire puddings in the world. (Yes, I know we all claim that, but in this case I promise you it’s true.) And she always used just water in her Yorkshire puddings. If you still doubt me, look at the picture above, they are the actual puddings I made using this recipe, and very nice they were too. So without further ado let’s get to the recipe…
- A 6 Cup Muffin Tin
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 60g Plain flour
- 2 eggs
- Put the flour into a small measuring cup and note where the flour comes up to. Now tip the flour into a mixing bowl and measure your water to come up to the same level as the flour.
- Spray each of the cups of your 6 Cup Muffin Tin with low calorie cooking spray and put in a hot oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile put the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Tip the eggs and water into the well in your flour and draw in the flour until it is mixed well, beat for about 30 seconds.
- When your muffin tins are hot remove from the oven and divide the Yorkshire pudding batter between the 6 cups.
- Immediately put back into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Don't open the oven door during this time or your puddings will deflate.