A delicious filling bake using store cupboard ingredients.
Hearty potato wedges topped with tasty tuna, red onions and gooey cheese, what’s not to love? A simple but tasty dish that can be thrown together quickly with ingredients that are usually to hand. This dish makes a scrumptious main meal especially when served with a refreshing crisp side salad.
Did I mention that it’s also syn free! Use the cheese as your Healthy Extra a and you can munch on this satisfying bake totally guilt free. (Count 6 syns per portion if not using cheese as a HEa) The recipe below serves 2 but it’s so easy to scale up or down if you are eating alone or feeding the family.
- 4 medium potatoes washed.
- Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 1 can tuna in brine
- 30g mature Cheddar cheese grated
- 50g mozzarella grated
- Cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Spray a cooking tray with oil spray then arrange the wedges on the tray in a single layer. Spray the wedges with the oil spray and place in a hot oven 200C for 15 - 20 minutes until tender and brown.
- Meanwhile spray a frying pan with the oil spray, tip in the onions and fry over a medium heat till just softened.
- Once the wedges are cooked tip them into an ovenproof dish.
- Break up the canned tuna with a fork and sprinkle over the top of the wedges.
- Sprinkle the cooked onions over the wedges.
- Top with the grated cheeses and grill until the cheese is melted and bubbly.