We’ve had l lovely Easter break in Dorset, and no, I didn’t stick to the Slimming World plan while we were away – but I didn’t plan to so I’m not going to feel guilty. I’ve had a good weekend and have had a break from the eating plan including eating fish and chips for tea last night! Well when you are at the seaside, you have to, don’t you? But we’re home now and so it’s straight back to the Slimming World eating plan, this way I stay in control and limit any
damage weight gain, you never know by getting straight back on to plan I might even yet achieve a loss!
Dorset is quite a distance from where we live which meant a long journey home – over 6 hours, so this pasta dish was the ideal meal to prepare when we arrived home and what’s not to love about that delicious combination of chilli, tomatoes and prawns? Not only is this quick to cook ,but if you use frozen prawns, most of the ingredients are things that are generally to hand.
- 350g pasta
- 1 medium onion finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pepper finely sliced ( I used ½ a yellow pepper and ½ a green pepper for the colour but use what you have)
- 300g raw king prawns - defrosted if frozen
- 2 heaped teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (add more or less depending how hot you like it)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- A handful of washed baby spinach
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil.
- When it comes to the boil tip in your pasta and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile spray a large frying pan with oil and add the onions, garlic and peppers, stir and saute over a medium heat until the onions are translucent and the peppers are softened.
- Whilst the onions are cooking put the prawns in a bowl and sprinkle over the smoked paprika - toss the prawns to coat them.
- Turn the heat up to high and tip the prawns into the pan with the onions and peppers, add the chilli flakes - keep stir frying until the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Pour in the tin of chopped tomatoes and the oregano and mix well letting the tomatoes come to the boil.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the frying pan along with the handful of spinach.
- Toss everything together and remove from the heat as soon as the spinach has wilted.