Two days and two recipes – I’m spoiling you – but it is a bank holiday weekend. Are you thinking of a bank holiday barbeque? Give these yummy Chinese pork burgers topped with sweet chilli prawns a shot.
Fire up the barbie and stick these beautiful pork burgers laced with flavours of the orient on there. At the same time why not add some surf and turf burgers? Or some spicy chicken tikka bites? Armed with these recipes you can serve the same meaty treats to slimmers and non slimmers alike and unless you tell them, no one but you is going to know that this feast is Slimming World Friendly.
The burgers above are pictured with a beetroot and pickled ginger salad, the perfect accompaniment to the Chinese flavours in the burger. So what are you waiting for? If it’s the sunshine and she lets you down simply head indoors and cook them there.
- 500g lean minced pork
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 2 chopped spring onions
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 Teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 Teaspoon garlic granules
- 16 cooked and peeled king prawns
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 pack vacuum packed cooked beetroot
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 4 slices of pickled ginger
- 1 teaspoon of the liquid the ginger is pickled in
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 4 wholemeal buns (Add 6 syns each if not using as HEb)
- Mix together all the ingredients for the pork burger.
- Divide into 4 portions and shape into burger patties.
- Cook through either on the barbecue or on a roasting tin in a hot oven (approx 15-20 mins) As these are pork make sure that they are cooked all the way through.
- Just before the burgers are ready quickly pop the prawns either onto the barbecue or in a hot frying pan and cook for 30 seconds each side to just heat through.
- Transfer the prawns to a bowl and mix with the sweet chilli sauce.
- Place a burger onto the bottom half of each bun and top each one with 4 prawns and ¼ of the sweet chilli sauce.
- Add the top of the bun and serve.
- Drain the beetroot and dice into ½" cubes.
- Cut the slices of pickled ginger into matchsticks
- Combine the beetroot, ginger and spring onions together in a serving bowl, pour over the pickling liquid and vinegar and toss well before serving.