Remember that in my previous post for Chicken Tikka Bites I suggested you make some extra bites? Well here’s what we’re going to do with them – make this fabulously tasty Tikka Chicken Sandwich Filler. The recipe makes enough filling for two sandwiches and clocks up a measly 1 syn for the whole batch. Not only that because it contains carrots and onions it takes care of your speed foods too!
My hubby takes sandwiches to work for his lunch nearly every day, and while he doesn’t follow Slimming World as such, he does like to watch his weight . This means that he is more than happy to share the Slimming World food optimised meals that I enjoy as well as taking low syn foods to work for his “bait”. That said It’s still a constant challenge to think up new and different fillings so that his sandwiches don’t become too routine and boring.
When I was making the tikka bites recipe it occurred to me that I could maybe pop some in with his lunch so I deliberately cooked extra. When it came to making his usual sandwiches though I was feeling a little lost about what to put in them, he’s had all our usual fillings this week and for the life of me I couldn’t think of what to use. Then it came to me – use the tikka bites in a tikka chicken sandwich filler. Chopped up chicken tikka, added veggies for crunch all bound in a lightly spiced creamy dressing – result!
Was it a hit? Well that’ll be a resounding yes! It’s not often that he passes any comment on the contents of his sandwiches but when he arrived home this evening he made a point of asking me to make it again next week.
- 3 pieces of Tikka Chicken
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon extra light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat free Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon tikka spice blend (use the same one as used in the chicken bites recipe)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop up the tikka chicken bites into small dice and place in a bowl.
- Peel the carrot and grate it into the bowl.
- Peel the onion and chop it finely, add to the bowl.
- Dollop the mayonnaise and yogurt on top of the other ingredients in the bowl and add the tikka spice blend.
- Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.