Delicious as my chilli is I don’t really like to eat the same dish two nights in a row so faced with a leftover portion of chilli, I wanted to use it up but at the same time wanted something a little different so I came up with this idea. The “pie” case is an Old El Paso Stand ‘n’ Stuff flour tortilla at only 4 syns each. They do look a little on the small side when you first get them out of the box but they expand outwards to hold a surprisingly generous amount of chilli.
You can use any recipe for the chilli but if you are using my recipe for the filling it will only add half a syn, the cheese topping is your healthy extra A. I served my chilli taco pie with a salad and sweet potato fries making a meal that was not only low syn, quick and easy but also very tasty and filling.
- 1 Old el Paso Stand 'n' Stuff flour tortilla
- 1 portion of chilli con carne (1/3 of my best ever chilli con carne recipe is ideal!)
- 15g cheddar cheese grated
- 25g mozzarella cheese grated
- Stand the tortilla on an ovenproof baking tray and fill with the chilli.
- Top with the cheeses.
- Bake for 10-15 minuted until the tortilla crisps slightly, the chilli is heated through and the cheese melts and browns.