At just 1.5 syns per portion and your healthy extra a this fast and easy dish of pasta with goat’s cheese is ideal for busy evenings when you want something on the table with the minimum of fuss. Last night I added bacon, mushrooms and spinach, but don’t worry if they’re not to your taste, you can pretty much use any meat and veg combinations in this dish. Just last week I made the pasta with goat’s cheese, chorizio, bacon and leeks – make up your own combinations, it’s so versatile!
To make the sauce deliciously creamy I like to add a little single cream but at only 1.5 syns per tablespoon I think it’s worth it. If you want to make this recipe entirely syn free though you could leave it out. I have in the past and it is still a great recipe but I do think the 1.5 syns is a small price to pay for the extra creaminess. The goat’s cheese is your healthy extra a and the type that you will need for this recipe is the soft goat’s cheese with a white rind, it looks similar to a small Camembert. It couldn’t be easier to make either, while your pasta cooks simply prep and cook the meat and veg then combine the lot with the creamy goats cheese a dash of cream and if you like things spicy a few flakes of dried red chilli. Simples!!
- 400g dried pasta
- 8 bacon lean medallions chopped into 1" squares
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 100g washed sliced mushrooms
- 2 handfuls of washed baby spinach leaves
- Low calorie cooking oil spray
- 120g soft mild goat's cheese (The type with a rind similar to Camembert.)
- 4 tablespoons single cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile spray a frying pan with a low calorie oil spray
- Add the bacon and garlic and stir fry until the bacon turns pink
- Add the mushrooms and keep stir frying until the mushrooms are soft. If the pasta is not yet fully cooked turn down the heat to the lowest setting to just keep it warm.
- Chop the cheese into roughly ½" chunks.
- Drain the pasta reserving 4 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Add the drained pasta to the bacon and mushrooms along with the reserved cooking water and the spinach then stir well to combine everything evenly.
- Add the cheese and the single cream, stir well until the cheese melts and coats the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.