Wonderfully light courgette and chilli muffins, a great alternative to bread for serving with soups and stews.
Often when you click on a link for a Slimming World friendly “muffin” it tends to be a muffin shaped omelette not the bread like baked muffin you hoped for. At only 3 syns each these beauties deliver and are fabulous to mop up those soups or stews when you don’t want to use your healthy extra b. They aren’t teeny tiny mini muffins either, these are full size muffins that deliver a satisfying, savoury treat for the taste buds.
Virtually fat free and loaded with speed courgettes these have to be one of the healthiest muffins around whilst that gentle kick of chilli just keeps things lively. And did I mention they’re easy to do too? Yup! These are so simple and easy to make they are becoming a standard accompaniment to my lunchtime soups.
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 2 medium courgettes, washed and grated
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup of fat free yogurt
- Low calorie spray oil
- Place the flour into a bowl and add the courgettes and chilli. Mix well so that the flour and courgettes are evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl beet the eggs and combine them with the yogurt.
- Add the yogurt and eggs to the flour and courgette mixture and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
- Spray 8 muffin tins with the spray oil and then divide the mixture between them.
- Bake at 175 C for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Leftover muffins will freeze and can be reheated in a low oven.